Upcoming gigs

Upcoming Gigs

Click here for my Facebook page or follow me on Twitter @Henry_Raby

Say Owt Slam #18 25th Nov 2017 @ The Basement, York

Say Owt Slam #19 3rd Feb 2018 @ The Basement, York

Whatever Happened To Vandal Raptor? April tour:

Durham @ TTEST 12th

Leeds @ Workshop Theatre 17th

Hydra Bookshop 18th

Derby Theatre 20th

Harrogate Theatre 23-24th

London @ Ovalhouse 25-27th


Nerd Punk Boom Launch 28th April (venue tbc)

Spoken Weird 3rd May, Halifax

Gong Fu Poets 31st May, Durham



Thursday, 30 December 2010

New Year's Revolution

So, at the moment I need to get writing some stuff, so currently have 3 poems I'm playing with to turn into not so much the 2-3 min poems that I usually have in my arsenal, but something a little heavier/bulkier.  More like short-stories or monolouges.  Indeed I'm certain at least one could be transformed into a piece of theatre.  I also want to work on a piece of writing about York called 'Gargoyles of York', something pershapes physcial based on the streets of my hometown.

Poems-in-head:

The Wolves Also Smile:  A Neil Gaiman-inspired piece of darkness late at night.  No cowardly lions here.

Are We Forwarding This Generation Triumphantly:  A sort of celebratory/critical look at my generations attempts at improving the world based on Bob Marley's inspirational Redemption Song.

The Die Will Be An Awefully Big Adventure:  Need to read up on my Peter Pan, but suffice to say I have trouble thinking of a more striking phrase

No comments:

Post a Comment